1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hey, I was close.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watched the last half of the third quarter before I fell asleep after getting home from our game......There are just athletes galore playing for Oregon. I think they pluck 2/3 of the receivers off their track team and tell them "Hey......we'll teach you how to catch a ball......just come out and run."

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just peeked ahead at Week 10.

CBS has to be ready to shit their pants.....ESPN got Auburn/Ole Miss, while it's stuck with the World's Largest Cousin Fuckers Convention in Jacksonville, and Notre Dame @ Navy for their primetime game.

4. Steak Snabler

Georgia-Florida always gets great ratings, which is what it's all about. And with Gurley's (apparent) return, there's plenty to hype.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Big10 is so bad there are white cornerbacks who start

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The best thing about that telecast will be how many drunk coeds will be in the pool.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Has anybody ever seen an offensive lineman throw a touchdown pass on a trick play?

Happened in the Arkansas game today. Lined up in a swinging gate then put the guard in to take the snap, who then threw it to the deep snapper in the end zone for the score.

I'd post a link to the video but Ive only seen it on Twitter and I don't how to do that on my phone.

8. Steak Snabler

http://www.secsports.com/video/11759773/2q-ark-s-tretola-passto-dappollonio-6-yds-td-mcfain-kick

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Getting close to winning an 8-teamer. Need UNC (+7) and EMU (+20) to finish strong.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9:54 in 1st.....14-10 TCU

1/3 of way to 72 o/u

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4 minutes in: Georgia Tech 21, Pitt 0.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

28-0 now. Pitt lost fumbles on four of its first six plays.

Draft saved Draft deleted