1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've seen various sources asserting Sparty has never, ever, been a double digit fave over Michigan before. Usually when Sparty has had its intermittent good teams, U-M has been at least decent.

Not this time. Sparty would have to play its worst game of the season and U-M its best for this to even be close. More likely it will be a fire drill. If Devin Gardner or any unspecified bungling backup turns the ball over early, the spread could be 40 at halftime.

The main and probably only reason this could stay close would be if Dantonio really wants Hoke to continue as UM coach -- a patsy he can continually clobber. A full-fledged MSU ass-kicking would be Strike 2.9999 for Hoke, with a likely season-ending thrashing by OSU still on the horizon.

So I could see Sparty taking a 31-7 lead, easing off the gas, and UM putting up sone garbage time bullshit points for a 31-17 final.

But realistically I smell something more like 56-13 on the way.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BeamerBall has been a myth for the better part of a decade now.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Has VT blocked 3 kicks in the last 30 games?

Xan's weekly predictions, albeit terrible, do produce some entertainment value.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I was a crappy call against Notre Dame away from a pretty solid Week 8 here.

West Virginia over Baylor was a great pick.

Tennessee was up 3-0 till late in the first half before Ole Miss woke up, then wore the youngsters down in the second half.

Cal just about came through.

As for the "Tech blocks 3 kicks" ... that game has lost its luster so why not have fun with the pick?

Tech has become boring, caught in a rut. Is it time for Beamer to leave? Or is that being too harsh on him?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Just giving you shit. Trust me. I've got no room to bag on other people's picks given my last three weeks. Michigan State was the lock of all locks this past week, though. That helped.

Beamer's working with a boatload of freshmen and a transfer QB who has a terrible turnover problem. He gets some slack, at least from me. If VT can somehow win 4 of its last 5 (doubtful), I'll be satisfied. Their three losses have been by a combined 15 points. The future is promising with all the young talent on the team.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If Ole Miss can put a dent in Les Miles' 92 percent home-wins-at-night rate, then good on the Rebs.

I hope they do. If they run the table and win it all (same with Starkville), it should be during a season when they beat Alabama, and win in Baton Rouge, no controversial wins, everything clean, earned, the hard way.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Starman.

Sparty has played second fiddle to UM for so many years, they will take this rare opportunity for a beatdown.

Kind of like in basketball, when Izzo's team won the national title. If memory serves, they almost doubled up Michigan in a win that season.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Couldn't find a prison pussy picture?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

All Bud Foster pictures come with optional prison pussy already installed.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lest anyone think it's only Southern college football fans who are racists:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/devin-gardner-twitter

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you can find a good sign for the Vols in a 34-3 loss, then you have even brighter orange glasses than I do.

Between the O-line and Worley's regression over the course of the season, to Bajackian proving he's not worthy of being an SEC OC...to that guy on the other side of the field looking oh-so-forward to showing that the 59 he hung on aTm ain't nothing compared to what he wants to do to the fans who threatened his family, there's absolutely zero reason not to give the points and lay the rent money on Bama this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted