1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure what's more annoying -- that Alabama has wormed its way back up to No. 3, or that a number of voters are dismissing its loss to Ole Miss entirely because it happened three weeks ago.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If both Alabama and Mississippi win out (unlikely), Alabama will make the playoffs and Ole Miss won't. College football exists to vindicate what its pundits thought in August..

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

An update on poor Ashley
    [​IMG]

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/ole-miss-girl-hates-lsu-102614

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The top 6 teams in the AP poll this week have 5 black and 1 Samoan starting quarterback.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is just fantastic:

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My sister, an Ole Miss grad, lives near Baton Rouge. Her husband attended La. Tech, but is a big LSU fan. They went with a bunch of their friends to the game last night, and apparently a good time was had by all.

I should point out that Sis is nowhere near as eaten up with Rebelitis as this chick.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Right now, I think Auburn has more of a claim on a second SEC bid than Bama does. Wins over K State and LSU, only loss is to No. 1 MSU on the road. Better than Bama's best win over West Virginia.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree Dan, but Auburn has to play at Tuscaloosa this year, and as we have seen, road wins in the SEC West are hard to get.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Auburn also has to play at Ole Miss on Saturday, so they could be a two-loss team by this time next week.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No use crying over spilled milk.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That video of the Ole Miss girl set off my "staged" sirens from the very start. That was a worked shoot.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Especially when it's you who slams the gallon jug into the counter.

Draft saved Draft deleted