1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 13, 2014.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Guess I should have used the blue font.

But don't worry ... Machine Head and I are saving our best material for Floyd of Rosedale week. Stay tuned!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A trophy depicting a pig fattened on scraps and ready for slaughter would make a perfect Big Ten championship trophy.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Pig stays in Iowa, sorry MH.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Va Tech with an impressive 7 total yards in the first quarter.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A Mississippi friend reports that people were lined up at the Barnes & Noble, maybe it was Books a Million, in Tupelo waiting for the magazine to hit the shelves so they could buy a copy or two or a dozen. Manager told him it compared to the anticipation people had for the Harry Potter books.

Print's dead, motherfuckers...

6. amraeder

Va Tech looks fairly boned.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

and let the butthole pucker commence on the Pitt sideline.

8. amraeder

Va Tech's offense was so bad today, even Pitt's best effort to blow it wasn't enough.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The level of suck that this Pitt offense is is a thing of beauty. You have three freshmen and a sophomore on the line and a QB who is in his first year as a QB. You basically have James Conner, and yet Tech still couldn't pull it off. Crissakes.

10. amraeder

That's the Paul Chryst magic.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm stunned they didn't blow it. Give the officials credit for a correct non-call on Pitt's last defensive play. I've seen NFL refs blow that type of play. It was a clean hit, but at first glance at full speed, it looked like it might not be.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Pretty good defensive battle tonight in Corvallis. Utah pulls off the 29-23 win in 2OT. Utah's two-headed QB system doesn't look terribly strong, but they've got a great running back in Booker.

Draft saved Draft deleted