1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Decade.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The defense looked terrible, and Golson couldn't hold onto the football again. I can't see either being as big of an issue for the second straight week - really the fourth straight week for the quarterback, right? I didn't watch the Syracuse game, but I know it was more of the same.

I'm usually pretty good about picking ND games correctly against the spread, and this one looks big to me. That says as much about my lack of faith in FSU than it does about my confidence in Notre Dame.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Like Kentucky getting 10 1/2 at LSU. Kentucky is frisky this season, and LSU is not the same team it's been the last few years. Seems like maybe Vegas hasn't quite figured that out yet.
    Kentucky also ALWAYS gives LSU fits in seasons like this. Wouldn't shock me if they win outright.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indiana QB out for season, Sparty by 40.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not 40, but they'll cover 14 in a breeze.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Saban is officially pissed. Elephants by 24.
    Take Baylor and the over, give the points. This one gets stupid in a hurry.
    Take Notre Dame and the points. Winston is on headcase alert.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Winston plays better when the shit is hitting the fan.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, the guy seems to be a pretty worthless human being, but he can compartmentalize. I don't see how any of this affects him on the field at all.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alabama TE Kurt Freitag isn't much on the field but is a promising young entrepreneur -- had $5,000 in cash and 100 grams of ganja in his dorm room.

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/10/alabama_football_player_caught.html

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

All hail Tuesday football!

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

So glad this is back again. Love watching Sun Belt and MAC football on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

SEC commissioner Mike Slive retiring in June. He said he has had a recurrence of prostate cancer, but at 75 and with the SEC Network and Playoff in place, it's probably a good time to go out.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11700734/commissioner-slive-retire

Draft saved Draft deleted