1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 8: The Ol' Head Ball Coach has a swamp. In his pants.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The only ones I really don't like are Auburn winning easily (though that's not relevant to you) and Kentucky beating Georgia.

Arizona State is really good this year. Normal-sized quarterback is better than giant quarterback.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Arizona State lost to Mizzou.

3. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Bleacher Report lost to credibility, yet they hit the fucking jackpot - who reads that crap anyway??

Take ASU to cover.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, it's relevant since I'll be wagering on Vandy. Definitely gives me pause, but not enough.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Missouri was healthy (or healthier) for that game. I've watched parts of a few Arizona State games and been impressed. I'm not saying they will beat Oregon, just that they could and if the spread is right, it's a worthwhile gamble.

6. JackReacher

Next year, I might try to put together some sort of SuperContest among those here. Basically the same idea as the LV Hilton SuperContest. Entry fee, pick five games ATS each week. I'm in one for the NFL this year. And while I'm struggling mightily, it's still pretty fun.

I'll probably forget about it, though.

7. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

You had me until Kentucky def. Georgia. Kentucky couldn't def. Georgia State.

8. turski7

turski7 Member

Got that sort of backwards. No one shows up to the home games unless BYU is in town. They drew 20K for the Nevada game. Dirt parking lots and shitty football are not drawing crowds to Sam Boyd. Hauck probably has one year left.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Maybe he's talking about how they've had close losses (and 1 win) at home, while getting their ass kicked in all road games? Not sure.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. JackReacher

About Arizona State....

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Debacled. It's not just for sammiches anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted