1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 8: The Ol' Head Ball Coach has a swamp. In his pants.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

"Total dick" isn't accurate. Nice and forthcoming? Absolutely not. Easy to work with? No. I doubt anyone who covered him for any reasonable length of time would say "total dick" though.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's sad that it seems like more and more coaches at large schools are becoming very difficult to deal with. I don't know if it's the pressure, the ego or people around them who make them believe the world revolves around them. Don't think it would be much fun working as an SID for some of these guys.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Are we are the point where we're turning our noses up at the Orange Bowl?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Be that as it may, your previous post had an air of incredulity about it when someone suggested not everyone loves Snyder. Obviously, that was disingenuous on your part.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Whatever. Just a question.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Want to even up your avatar bet record?

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

The game planning and play selection have given a hesitant quarterback more reason to be hesitant. Combined with a completely different OL than the one that started the season, the kid doesn't have much of a chance. He's underwhelmed, but I think more of it is to blame on the circumstances than on him.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Arrrgh! The Pirate has had enough of Twitter.

http://www.komonews.com/sports/WSU-coach-Mike-Leach-bans-players-from-Twitter-175597431.html

"Twitter is now banned around here so don't expect anything on Twitter," Leach said after Tuesday's practice. "Twitter's banned and quite frankly if after today you see anything on Twitter from our team-- and I don't care if it says 'I love life'-- I would like to see it because I will suspend them."

During the past few months, several football players apparently posted public messages on the social media site that included derogatory terms for women and African-Americans. The Murrow News Service is not naming the players because of the difficulty in definitively verifying the identity of Twitter users. Many of the messages cannot be printed because of the inflammatory language. At least one of the Tweets was from a hip-hop song.

Hours after a reporter questioned the university about its social media policy for athletes, Leach announced his ban on Twitter.

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Say what you want about Snyder, but I remember when Kansas State was a doormat of national proportions. They even lost to Austin Peay when Austin Peay was (and for the most part, still is) an FCS bottom dweller. He's done a ton to build that program into one with a decent national recognition.

Draft saved Draft deleted