1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 6, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not feeling confident that A&M is "good" this year....time will tell. But I'm not optimistic.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Florida quarterback Skyler Mornhinweg goes to hospital after fighting a D-lineman over a pair of shoes. (I guess unlike his dad, he didn't get the timeout.)

OK, gamblers, it's LSU -1 and there really isn't anybody who can possibly be on the field besides Jeff Driskel. Respond accordingly.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/college-football/gators-backup-qb-skyler-mornhinweg-and-dl-gerald-w/nhdYc/

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stanford is one of the best defensive teams in the country, 43 points in 5 games.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's not "Coach" Shaw ...

http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209682795&DB_OEM_ID=30600

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kinda funny that Wisconsin gets dinged for a bad loss against a mediocre team and Mississippi State shoots up the rankings after a signature win on the road and both of them played the same team.

I guess playing average SEC teams only counts if you're in the SEC.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's the Vortex!!!!!!

7. Armchair_QB

LSU is well on their way to being Texas by the end of the year and Stanford could very well be better than the Aggies.

8. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Boom. Most overrated conference in the country.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Considering how much money ESPN and CBS have invested in the conference it'll stay that way, too.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I don't think that holds here. Miss State beat two top 10 teams in two weeks and is undefeated. You're going to shoot up the rankings when that happens. And Wisconsin only dropped four spots in the polls after losing to LSU.

11. Armchair_QB

A&M isn't a Top 10 team despite what the rankings say. Their best win is over a shitty South Caroiina team.

Actually, their best win is probably Arkansas.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Most of the screwups in the rankings are a direct result of the pre-season rankings. When you attempt to rank teams before they have played a down, you are going to get some miscues. That's still getting sorted out as various teams play enough games against tough enough competition to see where they actually deserve to be ranked.

I hate pre-season rankings, based on on the reputation of the school and what their team did last year with players that are no longer on the sidelines. There shouldn't be a ranking before six weeks in or so, but that's never going to happen. Too much money to be made selling preseason ranking magazines and too many articles to be written.

Draft saved Draft deleted