1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I got with someone I know who is a Marshall guy:

"It was Louisville. They asked for the game to be pushed back last October. Marshall was forced to schedule Rhode Island in their place. If Louisville doesn't join the ACC, Marshall would've hosted them in Huntington and traveled to ECU to end the season as they replaced Louisville in the AAC. When Marshall AD Mike Hamrick scheduled Akron, Ohio and Miami (OH) the Herd was scheduled to play UCF, ECU, Houston etc. I think the current teams in C-USA are as good if not better than most teams that left for the AAC. Most people just look at a team's name and base their thoughts on the given teams past and reputation. Akron has a legitimate chance to win the MAC and beat the ACC's Pitt. The media continues to down not only Marshall but everyone on their schedule. I feel as if it is not only disrespectful to Marshall but also to all of the other teams on the schedule as well.

Instead of simply allowing Louisville to buy the game out AD Mike Hamrick agreed to push the game back to 2016. He also got The Herd a basketball game with Louisville through the deal. Now Marshall hosts Purdue next season, Louisville in 2016 and Pitt in 2020. There are numerous series with old MAC rivals, ECU and Navy on future schedules as well."

So their schedule before conference realignment would have had both Louisville and ECU.

Draft saved Draft deleted