1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 7: Give Penn State a break (or at least a bye)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

But can we take a moment to imagine a Mississippi State-Kansas State title game? Seven people would watch.

Conversely, Notre Dame-Alabama could be renamed the Haters Gonna Hate Bowl and potentially would set records.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

MSU-KSU it is. I can't fathom the other option.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'd watch it enough times for the rest of the nation, I promise.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing is - Kansas State was scheduled to play at Oregon this year but it was cancelled, which prompted Oregon to settle for Arkansas State. K State played Missouri State.

Notre Dame has already shown that thumping Miami is no great trick, beating Oklahoma would put it firmly in their corner. If nothing else, Notre Dame's schedule allows a fan to get a semi-decent assessment of various conferences. They'll have common opponents with Alabama, K State, Oregon, Ohio State and Florida State by the end of the year.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

According to the beat writers on Twitter, Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson was in a multi-car accident this morning. His car as totaled, but he was unharmed.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Was he alone?

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Beating Oklahoma is only impressive (for either team) if Oklahoma doesn't end up 7-5. The Sooners really need a change under center. Landry Jones was fine when the receiving corps was loaded, but he has toggled between awful and mediocre since Ryan Broyles went down last season. Granted, I've been on the Blake Bell bus since before last season, but I have to think he's the answer until proven otherwise.

Has any program ever been dealt a stranger year than 2012 Arkansas?

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

20 million reasons not to hate the TV checks

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Mrs. Petrino was in the car with him.

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Oregon State has reached No. 10, but their starting QB is out. Mannion had been looking pretty good until last weekend.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Since it's Week 7, here a picture of the greatest college punter I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

Regarding the national championship game, I would absolutely love to see Oregon-West Virginia.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Image Hosted By Tripod was overrated. It's easier to punt when you have three legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted