1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 30, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's because colleges can't threaten to move to LA, thus they don't have a blank check from taxpayers, thus they have to be smarter about it.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jeremy Fowler/cbsports.com reporting Oliver Luck expected to be one of the members of the College Football Playoff selection committee. Also reporting Dan Radakovich from Clemson a "likely" member.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23968341/west-virginia-ad-luck-on-selection-committee-for-new-playoff-clemson-ad-likely

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Throw in the way campuses are planned and how a lot of the football and athletic support buildings are built adjacent to the existing stadium, and moving to a new place on-campus just isn't feasible. TexA&M is tearing down a number of auxilary buildings to make room for their stadium expansion, including the basketball arena.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Aggies are tearing down their old basketball arena. Not the one they use now.

And G. Rollie White was an "arena" in the loosest sense of the term.

5. DanOregon

My bad.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, if you are going to expand to 100,000 seats, not all of them are going to be close to the field or have the greatest sightlines.

7. DanOregon

I think Neyland stadium is kind of amazing in how they have continued to expand it. It's probably a 4.5 earthquake away from collapsing, but the sightlines are great.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Part of their "expansion" plan has been to paint the seat numbers closer together. I went to a game there about 10 years ago and had a seat on the aisle. By the middle of the second quarter I was sitting on the steps.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That Dolphins thing is freaking me out, man.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Johnny Manziel is the best black college QB since Michael Vick

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Interesting. They didn't have a problem putting Bank United Center on campus, though I know a basketball arena and a football stadium are two completely different animals.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep, because people's butts are getting larger while the seats are getting smaller.

Draft saved Draft deleted