1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 6: Swamp thing, I think I love you

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I didn't expect a profile of LSUFreek to be this interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--lsufreek-terrance-donnels-merges-passions-to-deliver-wildly-popular-art.html

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or for it to appear twice within six posts on the same thread ... ;)

Interesting story, though.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's happened before.

As someone wrote one year, these guys routinely get up at 5 a.m., so what's the big deal?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Post-game orange slices all around!

5. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Hooah to this. Remember the Army commercial about "We do more before 9 a.m. than most people do all day?" There are definitely days where I can agree with that statement.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And game day is the only fun these guys have all week.

7. JosephC.Myers

I'll say this much. Game day is certainly a welcome break from all the other stuff they have to do, that's for sure.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Besides, you play at 9:30, game over around 1 p.m. You actually have most of the afternoon and all evening Saturday to do something. How many college players/coaches/fans can say that on a fall Saturday?

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Navy and AFA could be done by noon if not for the commercials, with as much as each team runs the ball. No problems for the players but I'd have to think it's a tremendous inconvenience for the fans. Next week AFA plays a 5 p.m. game at Wyoming. Could be a bit cold by 7 p.m. in Laramie in mid-October.

Teams love the TV money but TV dictating start times often screws the fans, who would be much better off with a 1 p.m. start time both weekends. I don't want to be driving 287 back toward Ft. Collins at night.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, TV has turned scheduling into an insane mess. These clowns would play at 3 a.m. if a cameraman showed up.

How far behind are high schools?

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Where should Bill Snyder rank among the greatest coaches in NCAA football history? Kansas State has never been relevant without him at the helm, and he's done some pretty amazing things there.

12. JosephC.Myers

I don't see high schools changing anytime soon. Friday night football is too big a tradition to change.

Draft saved Draft deleted