1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 6 running thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 4, 2009.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Maybe some of FloridaSportsJournalists.com can help me out on this: If I'm not mistaken, Urban Meyer (like most college coaches) has a policy that if you don't practice the first three or four days of the week, you don't play on Saturday.
    I realize Tim Tebow is already game-tested and can walk on water, blah, blah, blah. But wouldn't you love to be in the room if/when someone asks Meyer about it? I think the response could be priceless.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

IF that were to happen and if Iowa take care of Michigan, the Big Ten title could likely be decided the following week with Iowa at Wisconsin ... since UW doesn't have Penn State on the schedule and has Michigan at home.

A big IF ...

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You can bet your sweet ass if that's the case, Tebow will "practice" in one form or another on Wednesday.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

is a reporter going to talk to the team doctor?

is a reporter allowed to talk to the team doctor? is a national title that much more important to meyer than tebow's longterm health?

why even risk it? lsu is going to come after tebow like a freight train. why risk letting a kid only 10 days removed from a concussion get hurt even more?

oops, forgot that there 's $15 million riding on this game.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

IF the Big 10's BCS rep is either Iowa or Wisconsin, there will be so much anger and gnashing of teeth at the BCS/ESPN/ABC corporate entity that maybe, just maybe, the whole system will be tossed in the, uh, gutter.

We can only hope ... :D

6. Songbird

you wouldn't watch iowa v. florida or wisconsin v. alabama or iowa v. texas in the title game?

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oh, I'd love to see it. In fact, Iowa's given both Texas (narrow loss) and Florida (convincing win) all they've wanted in recent bowl games.

But the bitching and moaning about an undefeated Big 10 team in the BCS Big Enchilada bowl would grow really tiresome really fast.

8. Songbird

the loudest bitching and moaning and kvetching would emanate from SportsJournalists.com.

i'd like to see iowa or wisconsin step up to the big table for once and win it all. iowa more than wisconsin, but either one would suffice.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

With good damn reason.

Going unbeaten in the Big 10 has been proven, repeatedly, to mean not a damn thing.

10. Songbird

minus 2002, of course. but your point is well taken.

that said, let's just say there are 3 unbeatens this year: florida, iowa, boise.

who do you want in that title game?

would you opt for a 1-loss team over boise? a 2-loss usc or texas team?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Juice was horrible against Missouri, had more airmails than the post office. What a mercurial career.

And to your point about Bama, Chef: I'm just saying that I doubt many people expected McElroy to have the offense running so well. That's why I say overachieving. I think people were expecting 20-7 wins.

12. Songbird

i took chef's avatar for a week (i asked about the overachieving tide offense, which isn't overachieving but just doing what good offenses do).

Draft saved Draft deleted