1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 23, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wonder if he’ll do it again. The heart tells you to stop, saying, “Don’t put me through this again.” The head looks at analytics and says, “Do it.”

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A 2 percent return on an investment where there's a possibility of losing 100 percent of capital is insane by any measure. Money market funds pay 1.5 with no risk at all. That's not analytics, that's addiction.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see that FSU 1stH line vs. Clemson. I'm guessing it'll be +11 or so. I took Michigan and the points because of you. That was a good call. SMU -7.5 was basically a gimme if you've seen South Florida this season. Got AZ -3.5, needed UCLA to hit that FG and give me overtime. Didn't happen.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The heart must go on.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Counterpoint: He made $1,000 in three hours. How long would it have taken the money market fund to produce the same return?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is odd that you "retire" to work at Ohio State and hop on a plane out to the coast for the weekend for kicks. We'll probably know for sure by who USC hires as an AD.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Five SEC teams in AP's top 10.

Gee, I wonder how many there would be if the league was any good . . . and not just "top heavy."

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alabama, Georgia and Auburn are obviously very good. We'll see about LSU (probably yes) and Florida (probably not gonna be top 10 in December). I don't think the top-heavy thing means anything but "there are some weak sisters at the bottom this season" which is true of all the power conferences, and an inevitable result of the expansions of four of them. Not gonna change anytime soon.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Easiest bet for this week is Utah State (+25) @ LSU.
    Aggies will give LSU all it wants.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm always up for a 'dog but you might have to explain that a bit more. LSU has looked pretty darned great.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Aggies scoring 46 and change per game. Only loss was opening night against Wake (38-35).
    Watched them a couple times this year.
    They will play faster than anyone you will see this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted