1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ye Olde Chefs week 5 predontions

Texas Tech +14.5 v. Baylor
    Oregon -8 @ Colorado
    Washington State + 18 @ Cal: Over 71.5
    Alabama +2 @ Georgia: Over 52
    TCU -14.5 v. Texas
    UCLA -13 v. Arizona State
    Oklahoma State -8.5 v. Kansas State
    West Virginia +9 @Oklahoma

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Remembering back when I was working in Vicksburg and Jackie & MSU beat a shaky Tennessee team still deciding between a handful of young QBs including one named Manning.
    Anyway, that season featured a very cool matchup in Athens between Eric Zeier and UGa losing a shootout vs. Alabama.
    That was one exciting game to watch on TV.
    Thanks to SEC collusion those teams hardly played over the years, we all know, but it's a matchup that is well-received any time it happens.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That may still be the most electric game I've seen in person. My first time being baptized in bourbon from the students sitting above me.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it be "Zoinks!"?

Riptide likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That Oregon line has fallen to -8. Is this overreaction to Helfrich's Decline?

Colorado is still not good.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You're right. The Badgers should be favored by double-digits.

Unless Iowa goes the Chicago Bears' route and tries for 20-play, time-sucking drives, Bucky wins by at least two TDs. Probably three.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's a bunch of degenerate gamblers in Vegas right now who just broke Usain Bolt's 100 meters record in their dash to the betting window.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. exmediahack

IF I was in Nevada, I could see myself dropping $100 at every sports book within 2 blocks of Fremont Street as long as the number is -8.

9. exmediahack

See its down to -6.5 on Vegas Insider. That's easy money. Iowa won't get blown out but they won't be within 10.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You guys have way more confidence in the Wisconsin offense than I do.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm one of them.
    Ducks by 20 or more.

12. exmediahack

Not that I have confidence in wisconsin's offense. I do have confidence that Wisconsin is 7 points better than Iowa in Camp Randall.

Iowa has beaten up on two cupcakes, Iowa State and a tie game vs Pitt that needed a 57 Yd field goal to win it. They're better but wisconsin will win the weak west.

Draft saved Draft deleted