1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Sep 28, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He used that same bullshit line in Pittsburgh. "Mah wife Pennuh has family here." Gone in 10 months.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Were they really insane?

Tennessee was a preseason No. 25. Picked by most to finish 2nd or 3rd in a weak SEC East.

And something (talent? blind luck?) got them 13+-point leads in every game they've played.

I don't think it's too insane to expect your team to win games (with late 13+-point leads) that the rest of the college football world wins at a 98.9 percent clip

3. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Georgia's problem is two-fold: 1) Engineering brief, very successful runs in between various SEC dynasties and 2) Watching hated rivals become said SEC dynasties
    Herschel's teams ruled once Bear Bryant was in decline. Only when Steve Spurrier left for the NFL -- and, later, when Nick Saban was in the NFL -- did Georgia collect on Sugar Bowls and SEC titles.
    Of course, it has to suck when your archrivals (Auburn, Florida) win national championships and Heisman Trophies at your expense.
    These are problems most teams out there wish they had.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

And all of that is starting to shape up pretty well for the Black and Gold.

The attitude here in Iowa is "let (everyone) else talk...as long as Iowa keeps winning, it will take care of itself."

It makes no sense trying to convince Finebaum, Cowherd (who decided to make it a personal war versus Iowa on his radio show today), and others change their minds. If that was Wisconsin, hardly a peep would be said about it.

Shit, I'm happy that Ferentz and this team went back to basics during the off-season and straighten some kinks out. Beathard is the right QB to run that offense. Unlike Rudock, Beathard can make the throws and make the runs that they need to move the chains. "Next Man Up" has been the constant calling card at RB. Canzeri is expected to be back for the Minny game.

Yes, Indiana, Minny, and Nebraska are down, but don't let those records fool anyone. Indiana took Ohio State and Sparty into the 4th quarters of both of those games before faltering; Minnesota has nothing to lose---they're playing for Jerry Kill. And if they didn't fuck it up inside the 5, they could've stolen that win over Michigan (or at least send it to OT). Purdue is not good, and how Nebraska got skull-fucked by them is beyond comprehension.

Personally, I'm with Coco here: if they get in the playoffs, it would be pretty damn sweet. If they get to the B10 title game and get any of the New Years Day bowl games, I'll take that too.

Now, if Iowa State can get their act together...

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Cowherd's got to do something because I saw an article mention his new Fox show got a 0.0 rating the other day.

Maybe if he gets enough angry Iowans to tune in he can post a rating that actually registers.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He will be back at WWL inside of a year.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You lost me at Cowherd.

9. D-3 Fan

10. D-3 Fan

Iowans got more important things to watch and listen to...

...like Judge Judy or something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted