1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 23, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They don't have a roster on their school website. They essentially have nothing. That's hard to find these days.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ohio State ended up pulling away to keep its in-state dominance intact, and in the process tied an FBS record with 45 first downs.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Go to some SWAC web sites. I know of at least two that didn't have this year's roster posted until September.
    As for VUL (it's not University of Virginia-Lynchburg, it's Virginia University-Lynchburg; near as I can tell they're not even affiliated with the UVa system) it took some digging to even find out what their record was last year. I finally happened across some game notes from their last 2013 opponent and assumed, correctly, that they'd gotten their ass beat.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU had four turnovers in the first quarter. Since then, it's put up 63 points on New Mexico State.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Good finish in the Mizzou/SCAR game. Mizzou just scored to go up 21-20 with 1:36 left (TD under review but will stand).

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Ran 101 plays & gained 700+yards. Of course, Cincy's not exactly a defensive powerhouse, but that's impressive.

Of course they also gave up 210 yards & 21 points....on 3 plays...

7. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Holy crap!! Indiana is in 1st place in the SEC East? B1G!! B1G!!!

8. amraeder

Everett Golson - close to the NCAA consecutive completion record. Two away, I think.

9. amraeder

And he misses on an easy WR screen.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Three second-half TDs lead Washington State to a big road win at Utah, 28-27.

This time, the Utes were the ones who "Coug'd it ..."

Enjoy this one, murphyc!

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The competition is getting tough there. Jimbo Fisher discovered DC-Maryland-Virginia a while back (Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Brock Ruble).

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Is Mizzou playing big-boy football yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted