1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 23, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wow, that was a fun finish in Jerry World.

2. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

A big question will be if an undefeated Marshall or BYU makes the playoff over a one-loss Power 5 team.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hoke may not survive the weekend

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU and New Mexico State have combined for six turnovers already, and the game is still in the first quarter.
    Ye gods.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Think that had been coming. That offensive line is a mess. Hackenberg is on a pace for 34 sacks if he stays upright that long.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ohio State hasn't lost to Cincinnati since 1897, and hasn't lost to another Ohio school since 1921.
    They're up by eight right now late in the third quarter.
    C'mon, Fighting Tubervilles!

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Big 10 Meet Maryland, they are in first place in the B1G East

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Game of the day! A 1-3 Saint Francis team played host to Virginia-Lynchburg (which I didn't even know was a school, let alone a football program).

Final score: 80-0, SFU.

Halftime score: 63-0, not Lynchburg.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

you were damn close. 56-41

10. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

On the ABC broadcast Ed Cunningham was trying to make the case that Hoke has enough equity built up that he'll be back next year, but I have never seen a team seem less interested in playing a September game than Michigan was today. Something must be seriously wrong inside that program, and I really wonder if he can survive. Judging from body language, it does not appear anybody involved with that entire team is deriving any enjoyment at all from playing football.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

That and he showed egregious judgment in letting Shane Morris go back onto the field with a concussion.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a scenario he survives. Maybe if they win out, but that's like saying he survives if he comes in to the OSU game riding on a unicorn. Just ain't happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted