1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

NC State better score every fucking time they have the ball.

Now 24-21.

This could end up 59-56 or 56-21.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The eight people who still root for Pitt are gonna' be furious. Thankfully I stopped being one of those a while back. I watch in the same way I watch hurricane coverage on The Weather Channel.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Army-Yale going to OT at 43-43.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Can't wait to read Grantland Rice's game story in the New York Herald Tribune tomorrow morning.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's over. It's over. It's all over.
    Yale over Army 49-43 in OT.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I for one, am anxious to see what the Kiel kid for Cinci can do at The Shoe tonight.

Lotsa points here.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Anyone who believes A&M is the sixth best team in the country is on crack.

8. Steak Snabler

Minnesota leads Michigan 27-7 in the third quarter.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

At this point, Brady Choke won't mind. The question is when he gets canned, not if. I'm thinking it's going to be soon. Heck, Central/Eastern/Western Michigan could put up more of a fight at this point.

10. Steak Snabler

Arkansas leads Texas A&M 28-14 late 3rd. Assuming the Hogs hold on and Ole Miss doesn't choke against Memphis tonight, the entire SEC West is likely to be ranked in the Top 25 by this time tomorrow.

11. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I was going to type that

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The field at the Yale Bowl looked worse than my high school's. Grass was about four inches high, high-school goalposts, and you could barely see the yard lines. Plus Army probably got hosed on that field goal at the end of regulation that was called no good.

Pac-12 officiating is absolutely horrible (yeah, I know, big surprise). Cal gets flagged for interference, Cal coach complains, so they pick up the flag and then ding the Colorado coach 15 for UC after he yells at them about picking up the flag.

Hate to see Brady Hoke lose because he's genuinely a good guy but love to see the Gophers finally win the LBJ.

Draft saved Draft deleted