1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 5: Help us raise money for needy John L. Smiths

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll be pretty surprised if Bama doesn't win the national title... I think the only games the Tide could lose would be at LSU and the SEC title game, presumably against Georgia or Florida.

Florida State's schedule is pretty favorable the rest of the way.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

God damn it - another week of having to see this thread title and be reminded that my team is a god awful trainwreck.

Thanks, fuckers.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bobby Petrino is good at winning football games, but he's even better at leaving an inexplicable mess in his wake.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Lobos v. BSU. Bob Davie's got a good thing going on.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Nebraska favored by 13 against Wisconsin? I like the Huskers, but that number seems a bit large, even at home.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Save for those two games, Alabama has a cake walk. They don't play any of the three East contenders, and we don't know how good Miss. St. is because its best foe has been Auburn.

It's not totally unlikely that LSU might be the only Top 25 team Bama will have faced by the SEC championship game. Arkansas's done. Michigan has work to do. And Mississippi State could easily be Mississippi State and finish 8-4 or 7-5. A&M might be the wild card because we really don't know much about them. Florida is turning into a better team than most figured, so that loss isn't so bad.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I can see the thinking behind that line. Wisconsin only managed a touchdown in its loss at Oregon State and got all it could handle against Northern Iowa, Utah State and UTEP at home, and Nebraska's offense has consistently put up points (even as its defense crumbled at UCLA).

That said, I don't think this game will be high-scoring or easy for Nebraska. Both offensive lines have glaring shortcomings -- Nebraska's backs have had to consistently make defenders miss in the backfield, even against the likes of Southern Miss and Arkansas State -- and both teams' respective strengths (Nebraska 5th nationally in rush offense, Wisconsin 14th nationally in rush defense) are a push. Plus, Pelini's teams don't have a habit of blowing out BCS opponents. He's 26-17 against BCS conference teams as a full-time head coach, and only eight of those wins are by 21 points or more.

Thankfully, both teams will be decked out in alternate uniforms that should distract from any on-field futility.

8. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Donnie, I think you're spot on about Florida. I think they'll win the East going away. Driskel has come into his own, and that defense everyone thought was suspect has really matured. Me thinks they blow UGA out into the Atlantic.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Sakerlina.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Hey, dick, you're one of us now.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not sure how Iowa deserves to be laying almost a touchdown against Minnesota, or anyone else for that matter.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You don't think Michigan will work its way back into the Top 25 by the end of the season? Who else in that shitty conference is better than they are?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.