1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 15, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all the crud I've given Snyder for a cupcake-laden non-conference schedule through the years - enjoy this Auburn matchup while you can. Don't know if it will happen again for awhile seeing all the orange in the stands.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In addition to not starting Winston in the first half Fisher has come down hard and sent Winston to bed with out seconds of dessert

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10-7 slobberknocker after 3.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No problem. He has some crab legs stashed somewhere.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

TIFWIW, but Mel Kiper has dropped Jameis Winston from No. 3 to No. 25 on his latest Big Board released today:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/11545269/jameis-winston-plummets-mel-kiper-newest-2015-big-board-nfl-draft

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

TIFWIW?

WGAF.

He's trolling. When Mel puts up $100,000 on Winston going below the 10th pick, I'll notice.

7. DanOregon

He might have a point. A team picking that high is desperate, there are more quarterback with 1st round ability than there are teams that need a franchise QB right now: Houston, Arizona, St. Louis, Tampa Bay - you've got Mariota, Winston, Hundley, Hogan and Cook as possible 1s.

I could see Sean Payton drafting him and sitting on him for three years hoping some Brees will rub off on him, same with Green Bay and Rodgers, but he's just not that much better than the others to justify picking him over the others. I also wonder how he would respond to playing on a team when his line isn't as good at picking up blitzes, the receivers as good at getting separation.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jameis Winston in New Orleans would be dead or in jail inside of six months.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I think you can take Hundley off that list.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hogan? Are you talking about Kevin Hogan? Please tell me you aren't talking about Kevin Hogan in the same grouping with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.

Lord, this is the Jadeveon Clowney discussion again.

11. DanOregon

Just to be clear, the "possible 1s" meant QBs drafted in the first round, not first overall.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Not that it will probably matter a whole lot tomorrow night in Pullman (I'm expecting it to be pretty ugly), but Oregon was on the SI cover this week. Leading up to the 2003 game against the Cougs, the Ducks were also on the cover. UO was undefeated at the time, flying high after beating a highly ranked team from the state of Michigan. Then they got pummeled at home 55-16 by the Cougs.
    By the way, that was the last great WAZZU team. That team was FAR superior to the one fielded now, while the Ducks of 2014 are superior to their 2003 counterparts.

Draft saved Draft deleted