1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 15, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think that started during the World Cup. I thought it was over. Apparently, not. Way to be on top of it, Jameis!

Agree with Cosmo. If they suspend him, that's pretty bad. And apparently, FSU is debating it.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Suspended for the first half. Against Clemson.

At Florida, it's more likely a plaque emblazoned with those words is installed before facing any suspension, let alone for part of one of the most important games of the season.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Winston to sit for the first half vs. Clemson. Amazed.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think it's because of the whole rape-not-rape-but-probably-rape thing, not just because of this joke.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I, for one, am outraged.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Winston seems to be very adept at stepping in shit. In light of recent NFL events, one wonders if that'll affect his draft status.

Nah.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Rape-not-rape, crabs legs, now this. Apparently it really hard for this kid to not be a complete fool ass.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The Deadspin comment:

They should suspend him without pay.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think Stanford is going to rescind his acceptance letter.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Florida State-Clemson line down to 16.5 on 5Dimes. Might be time to jump on that, if you're into that sort of thing.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

He's proving again he's just a dumb f.... And Fla St wouldn't have done anything if it wasn't for social media blurting it all out.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

are you sure its the 1st half? COuld it be the 1st and 3rd quarters? ot is he being held out of 5 minutes for the next 6 games?

FSU has suspended Jameis Winston for all defensive and special teams plays, which equates to half a game.

Winston gets a felony conviction before he ever graduates from an acredited United States college, odds are 1:4?

Draft saved Draft deleted