1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 15, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't let the name of the opponent fool you. ECU could make some noise before this season is over.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They have a good shit at running the table in the AAC and finishing with one loss, a close one to South Carolina, just like UCF last year.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I lived in Houston for years, and saw both the Aggie and UT fans and all of the stuff that goes on there. As rabid a college football state as Texas is, and the old SWC was a league of all Texas teams except for Arkansas, nothing compares to the insanity that is Alabama football.

The Walmart 'Bama fans often embarrass the people who actually went to school there. You just can't imagine how insane it really is until you spend some time in the eye of the storm.

It is only a slight exaggeration to say that the newspapers print Saban's stool report daily. "He had corn on the cob!"

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Back in it's heyday SWC fans made today's SEC fans look humble

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember watching the 2002 Cotton Bowl between LSU and Texas, and they cut to a shot of Bevo standing on the sideline right as he was taking a giant dump. It took less than two seconds for the cheerleader on poop patrol to swoop in with a shovel and do the clean up on Aisle 2.
    I have no doubt that guy was honored to have the opportunity.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Any list of mascot stories has to include the run-in between UGA V and Auburn's Robert Baker in 1996:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I sense ... er, smell, a theme here ... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted