1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Talk about lopsided:
    After defeating LSU in back-to-back seasons (1990-91) Mississippi State has compiled a 1-16 record against the Tigers.
    This week's matchup is in Starkville.
    State fans and scattered Bayou-folk will fill the house, for sure, for the 11:20 a.m. kickoff.

Allegedly overrated Ole Miss plays in a Thursday game at South Carolina.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have enough fun kibitzing.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I expect the Mizzou that came out last week to show in Nevada. I think the trap game was Bowling Green, with Mizzou full of itself after blowing out Illinois.

Re: KU, the Jayhawks better execute better than they have in recent weeks. The offense is putting up points, but they're still missing chances left and right -- dropped balls, settling for field goals, etc. Southern Miss is exactly the type of team that sticks around when a favorite doesn't slam the door shut, then finds a way to win late.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Purdue is going to lose to Notre Dame like they do every year. Every year U-M, MSU and Purdue have the chance to make ND 1-3 and they never do it. NEVER EVER EVER.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I need to rebound after a horrible week last week...Baylor, Florida, GT, Penn State...all big, fat losers.

Ole Miss -3 at S. Carolina
    Minny +2.5 at Northwestern
    Boise -16 at Bowling Green
    Notre Dame -7.5 at Purdue
    Penn State -10 at home to Iowa (never learn my lesson, I guess)
    Washington State +43 at USC

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No love for a Pac-10/SEC barometer game between Georgia and Arizona State?

I think Georgia plays the role of Frank Kush at Camp Tontozona in this beating.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I guess we'll be able to tell how the fifth-best team in each conference matches up. Not very exciting ...

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Boise State loses this week at Bowling Green.

Book it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

When Tennessee plays Georgia, it will be interesting, for the opposite reason. The movable object and the resistable force (Uga's defense vs. Tennessee's offense) .

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Anytime the SEC plays out of conference I find it interesting.

ASU probably is not even the fifth-best team in the Pac-10, but if they can beat Georgia, that will make Cal look a lot better possibly down the road.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm pretty sure Georgia has one improbable win and one jarringly stupid loss in it this season. Not sure Arizona State would qualify as jarringly stupid (that's generally reserved for the Vandys and Kentuckys of the world.) But it's entirely possible, as is just about anything with this Jekyll and Hyde outfit.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

If Georgia can continue to put up points like this; Granted, it's against South Carolina and Arkansas, the Cocktail Party will actually be worth watching this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted