1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A handful of pretty good games today.

You SEC'ers get to see Auburn and LSU. In addition, there is:

Nebraska and USC
    Florida and Tennessee
    Michigan and Notre Dame
    Louisville and Miami
    Clemson and Florida State

Lots of other games of course too. But the one trap game I look at is Clemson and FSU. Am I the only one that thinks the Tigers will beat the 'Noles today?

And as someone else said on another thread, I wonder who Chuck Amato gets to make excuses for today.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Wow... Iowa State makes a nice first drive against Iowa.
    By the way, this may have been discussed before, but does Mike Gottfried have Parkinson's?
    He sounds TERRIBLE. Very addled voice.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Is Iowa State trying to set a record for most white receivers on a BCS conference team?

And wow on Gottfried. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. He and Ron Franklin were my favorite broadcasting duo in any sport the past several years.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

As an Iowan, let me remind you.... they recruit a lot in Iowa, so you get what you get. :)
    And the Gottfried thing is very sad...from Ron Franklin to Pam Ward and the noon game in 2 years.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yes. But I think the Tigers beat the Tigers in the other game. I'd put money on that.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ye gods. The Florida State offense is horrible.

Actually, the word "horrible" doesn't cover it. I think the appropriate word to use is "uncoordinated." The Seminoles' offensive unit was not prepared to play football, the game plans were inadequate and the offensive variety wasn't there ... again. Those failures forced the defense to overwork in an effort to keep the Seminoles in the game and by the end the stress had gotten to the Florida State defenders, who cracked under pressure.

And all that goes back to one person --- Jeff Bowden, possibly the worst offensive coordinator at Doak Campbell Stadium since before his father was named head coach there. If Bobby isn't willing to replace his son with one of the two best offensive minds in the family (himself and his son Terry), Florida State's AD should do it for him.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The AD won't do anything at FSU. The power lies with Ann Bowden and she will not allow her kid to be fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted