1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Agree on the larger point, but Wake Forest is 3-0 and not all three were empty tomato cans. Duke is 2-1, and the loss was to Alabama in Atlanta. Virginia is also looking just fine. Picking nits - BC getting blown out by Kansas, the Georgia Tech mess, NCSU faltering in the second half in Morgantown and Chapel Hill suddenly forgetting how to manage a clock are issues - but anyway ...

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Neither team will be playing any football past December.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

WTF is going on in the Florida State game?

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Everything Virginia does right now is a flag.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hawkeyes win the Helpful Smile in Every Aisle trophy as Iowa State fumbles away its last chance for a game-winning drive.

The game featured a lengthy weather delay, about a dozen drives that ended in field goal attempts, and two teams who would lose by about 50 points if they played Ohio State this year.

Still ... 3-0, baby!

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I do t think the FSU QB was down.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

OK, so VA gets flagged for...

4th and long phantom PI
    PF on sideline
    Phantom roughing the passer on another 4th down

And it seems FSU didn’t realize they had a TO on the final play, which the QB was barely down on.

WTF

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU decided to show up in the second half. Led 24-14 at halftime, wound up winning 65-14. Its two quarterbacks were a combined 29-of-33 for 488 yards and two touchdowns.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

'Bama folk like to bitch.

About anything.

Yeah, I'm back. Got lost on the Ohio River.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And it was the second time they rushed the kicking unit on the field late, made the kick, had a penalty and missed the re-kick.

Impressive.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of figured Kentucky was toast when they couldn't pick up a short-yardage first down after knocking the Gator QB out of the game. Can't believe Florida is a top 10 team - but I do wonder if Franks getting hurt doesn't make Florida better. Wasn't impressed with him as a qb.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I suspect you won't trust Maryland football again.
    While I know you know more about gambling than I do, please take this bit of advice for the future: Don't bet on NC State. Among the most delusional fan bases in the universe. High on their own supply. Hasn't won the ACC title since Lou Holtz was the coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted