1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 9, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What was normal in the Big Ten yesterday:
    Ohio State pounded Indiana
    An Indiana game went Over
    Northwestern failed to cover as massive favorites
    Illinois was a disappointment

exmediahack likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There seem to be a few "coaches on the verge of greatness" who have stumbled badly in the last few years. Fuente, Gary Andersen, Taggart, Narduzzi, Kevin Sumlin...

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Charlie Strong May top That list

4. DanOregon

upload_2019-9-15_7-45-42.jpeg
    Philly, SF now UCLA....

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Once you get past the top two or three in each Power 5 conference, they’re all pretty much interchangeable.

maumann likes this.
  6. DanOregon

After the top seven or eight - they really don't need to bother with rankings.

heyabbott and maumann like this.
  7. DanOregon

And I will now say that I was wrong about Herm Edwards. It was a good hire. Most successful hire in the Pac-12 since Coach Pete at UW. Granted that isn't saying a lot, but better than Sumlin, Kelly, Cristobol (for now), and the OSU and Colorado hires.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If FBS just wanted to hold a double-elimination tournament at this point, I'd be more than happy with that. Or match up anybody with a pulse. Notre Dame-Georgia advances to meet LSU-Alabama for a semifinal berth. The other 10 games until the SEC Championship will be bullies beating up little kids for lunch money.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Charlie Strong was basically GIVEN a roster at USF that should've went undefeated and managed to lose two games with them. Then he guts the roster and can't recruit talent to save his life despite having a program located in the middle of Florida.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I felt like Herm would be all right. In college it's all about talent. Coaching is going to be the difference in a game here or there but the talent is going to carry the season. I always got the impression that Herm would be a good recruiter. He spent a lot of years post-NFL talking to kids, doing those ESPN all-star high school games, etc., so I think he had some understanding of how to recruit and how to reach the talent and the parents.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Results---

PUSH--Someone needs to tell Tulsa that it is permissible for them to come on the field for the second half. Had this fucking thing all sewn up. No. I'm guessing they're still in the locker room thinking there's a REALLY extended halftime.

Loss x 2--by 1 point on both sides.

Fuck you Hawaii. Way to lay down like a whore.

$

$

2-3-1 for the week.

12. DanOregon

And Clemson-Ohio State for the other spot.

Draft saved Draft deleted