1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 9, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This year is a complete loss, and it's one the fan base has been awaiting for a while.. They hated Paul Johnson's triple-option thingy, and I'm guessing they know this is what they get for running him off: a transition period in which the new guy -- no matter his pedigree -- would inherit a roster with no tight ends, no credible passers and no OL with no consistent experience in sustained pass blocking.

2. tapintoamerica

A desperate attempt by the ACC to protect the marquee program.
    Listening to Mark Richt et al pining and hoping for a FSU victory at halftime was comical.

3. tapintoamerica

Interesting moment in the Ky-Fla game. Gators, up 1, run on third down in the final minute. Guy passes the chains, breaks free and keeps running rather than falling down. Scores TD and his team kicks PAT to go up 8.
    So instead of watching the Gators take a knee and run out the clock, Kentucky gets the ball back with a chance -- ultimately successful because this Kentucky football we're talking about -- to tie.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yes - LSU is legit - SUPER LEGIT when wearing the best damn football unis ever created. Love the purple. I'd throw Oklahoma and Ohio State in as well (The Buckeyes should go undefeated, and I still don't know if that would mean they are any good). We won't find out until Halloween when they play Wisconsin (which plays Michigan next week to clear up some of the Big 10).
    This might make for an interesting cfb season, we're just going to have to wait until November to find out.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And the UVa clock operator was supposed to stop the clock there, too.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

After UF plays Auburn, LSU and Georgia at midseason, it won’t be a top 10 team.

maumann likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As an Oregon alum it makes me happy this slapdick is someone else's problem now.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They aren't. LSU and Auburn will expose them. Georgia will crush them in the Cocktail Party. EDIT: Channeling 2MCM.

If Georgia gets past Notre Dame, there's no excuse for the Dawgs not to be 7-0 heading into Florida. And they get A&M and Auburn from the West, and a terrible Georgia Tech squad to finish. They could easily go 12-0 with a schedule as thin as a Waffle House napkin.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Lake of fail for me

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Naw. They did a good job impersonating an ACC team. Anyone could’ve been fooled.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

There was a time when Narduzzi was assumed to step in at East Lansing whenever Mark Dantonio called it quits
    With Dantonio's time growing shorter with age and bad losses, Narduzzi is no longer a consideration

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think Fuente is done at Virginia Tech, barring an incredible turn of events this year. That team is unbelievably poorly coached. The first half yesterday was an embarrassment, even if Furple is an OK FCS program.

Draft saved Draft deleted