1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 8, 2014.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Duly noted, but unless you see it in person, you can't comprehend just how bad Southern Miss is. Everyone I talk to fully expects Appalachian State to come into Hattiesburg next week and clean their clock. Everyone.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Frankly, it wouldn't have floored me if Alcorn had beaten them. That Alcorn -- which, with all due respect, is a good SWAC team but still a SWAC team (sort of Division I-AAA) -- even had a chance to win that game at the end speaks volumes about Southern Miss' shittiness.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It still floors me that a program that was so steady for so many years through multiple coaching staffs has fallen so hard and fast.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You want to think it could happen after Nebraska trailed in the fourth quarter vs. McNeese. But at Fresno State, defense is something that keeps folks out of their yards.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Another week, another streak could be ending for Michigan. The Wolverines are in danger of not drawing 100,000 in the Big House for the first time since 1975:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140911/SPORTS0201/309110032/1131/rss17?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=U-M+Sports

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've got to admit, it hadn't really sunk in that Michigan has been this mediocre for this long.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/michigan-wolverines-brady-hoke-2014-outlook-big-ten/

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Since 2002, Iowa is 6-4 against Michigan (they didn't play two of those years).

Historically, Michigan leads the series 41-14-4.

Almost half of the Hawkeyes' all-time wins over Michigan have come in the last 12 years.

HELL YEAH!

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe RichRod was an ass - but going back to a "Michigan Man" playing "Michigan Football" was short-sighted.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You don't mean the guy who was 47-50 lifetime as a head coach when he arrived there, do you?

Perhaps they were trying to change the culture.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Michigan needs to realize caveman football might get them a Big 10 title, but not much else.

11. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Nebraska never trailed after erasing an early 7-0 deficit. It almost did, but a McNeese touchdown was erased by a penalty, which eventually led to a game-tying field goal. But your point is taken.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with Lloyd Carr.

Sure, he lost to App State, lost six of seven to Ohio state, and was 1-3 in Rose Bowls, but he had nine seasons with nine wins or more and had a record of 120-44. Since they cut him loose, Michigan is 42-35.

Draft saved Draft deleted