1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 3: The only real barbecue is whole Hog

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Sep 10, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't Taylor Martinez put up like 5 or 6 TDs in week 1? Or am I completely wrong on that? Meanwhile, Houston got dumptrucked by Texas State.

And yeah, I was talking with a buddy about VT. Might have to double or triple down on that. At home, VT is overrated, especially when it comes to covering. On the road, they get underplayed a lot. Pitt blows ass. VT should cover the spread two or three times in this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Martinez had 354 and 5 against So. Miss. in week 1........I'm still a little weary on UCLA.

3. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Who's more hated now in Fayetteville: Nolan Richardson or Petrino?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Arkansas fans I know love both and think the athletics department is the train wreck.

5. turski7

turski7 Member

Yeah, but UCLA's defense was solid in the second half. They did give up 24 to freaking Rice. Both Rice and Nebraska had its success in the first half. Bet on the second half, I say.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maryland v Connecticut ? Go Twerps

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Penn State starting receiver Shawney Kersey left the program.

That puts the roster at 70 scholarships for the season, 56 going into next year.

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I don't think Nolan is hated at all.

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I don't ever remember reading it somewhere, but how many scholarships did they lose?

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They can't go over 75 for 2013. They can't go over 65 for 2014, 2015 and 2016. They can try to get back to full 85 for 2017.

11. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Holy crap. That's a bunch of scholarships. It really may be a decade or more before they get back to pre-scandal level of talent.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You'll have a good time. But get there early as traffic can be a nightmare on game day. (Guess that is true about most college towns.)

Draft saved Draft deleted