1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Any chance Penn State knocks off ND?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I think so.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. Ole Miss just scored. Stop the fucking presses.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I gotta say, I was never a big Missouri fan. I'm still not.
    But for some reason I really like watching this Chase Daniel kid. I hope Pinkel doesn't fuck up his career.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, at least they laid off after halftime. To be honest, this is only the second Rutgers game I've seen recently, with the other being the bowl game. But I like what they're doing up there.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't think they could have made the spread big enough for that game. I mean can you make the spread 90 points?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Illinois will never be good again until its recruiters tell the Naperville Southwests and the other suburban schools the following:

"Go f yourselves. We will never again recruit in this area until you guys start playing real competition and get your act together. Right now, small schools in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan would stomp the crap out of your teams. We'll gladly pull every recruit we can from outside Illinois until that changes."

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My college football pet peeve of the day:

Team lines up for a field goal ... in-house PA guy says, "This will be a 34-yard attempt" before the ball is snapped, even with the holder kneeling on the 25.

Why not wait until the ball is actually placed on the ground to see how long the attempt is? Often, the guy has to come back and say, "The kick was actually 35 yards."

This happened at the Auburn-Mississippi State game today (first call 54 yards, revised call 55 yards), and it happens all the time when I'm in the press box. Is it some obscure scoring rule, like the SID has to declare the length of the attempt before the kick, so if the snap is bad and there is no kick, you can say, "So-and-so lined up for a 34-yard field goal attempt, but the snap was bad," etc.?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

http://nbpweb.rutgers.edu/songs/real/nobody.ram

And you don't have to when you're playing IllNOISE.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Illinois = roundball school.

Dick Butkus is a character actor.

The Bears ruined Tony Eason's career.

Red Grange has been dead, a good while.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Illinois cares plenty about college football. Go see a game at NIU or Northwestern sometime. Of course, a lot of Chicago roots for the team an hour east in South Bend.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Penn State has a chance but I don't think they beat Notre Dame today. I'd prefer to see a hole open up and swallow the entire field and everyone on it.

Is this the year of the I-AA? Navy and UMASS tied up at 14 close to the half, and New Hampshire leads Northwestern 20-17.

Draft saved Draft deleted