1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 7, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oz, I'm beginning to love this beatdown in Jersey. Tony, Christopher, Silvio, and Paulie think what Rutgers is doing to Illinois right now is too harsh. We're disloyal to you, Illinois...

I'm taking Ole Miss and +9 over Mizzou. It's only a matter of time for Gary Pinkel to pick up the white courtesy phone and turn in his playbook. Not unless Chase Daniel bails his sorry ass out.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That would be 17-0 Mizzou, and Schaeffer (sp) just threw a pick.

Next.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mizzou's already up 17-0.

EDIT: Dixiehack beat me to it.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

These games are always close and the Dogs, along with facing QB questions, are very thin in spots. They literally have six offensive linemen available -- that's it.

I think Dogs win by four in an ugly game.

And as an Ole Miss alum, I want to losses to pile up so Coach O takes his sorry act elsewhere.

5. D-3 Fan

Damn, my bad. Mizzou up 17-0. Lucky bastards.

6. D-3 Fan

You don't like Mad Man Ed, either Ledbetter? It sounds like a lot of people think this guy is a headcase.

7. dixiehack

The Orgeron once crushed a VW Beetle in the palm of his hand like it was an empty Bud can. Don't make him come after you, even if you are a by God Ole Miss grad. ;)

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Who goes first:

Bunting?
    Amato?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The Illini is not really an Indian name. It's an Aramaic term for "pussies." Not even the third-best team in a state that has no real competition. And they say the Northeast is the area of the country that doesn't give a shit about COLLEGE football?

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Nine seconds before halftime and Louisville's already covered the 40-point spread.

42-0 they lead at Temple.

11. dixiehack

I gave Louisville low confidence points because the 41-point line made me quesy. Leave it to Temple to let the Cards cover in the second quarter.

12. D-3 Fan

Bunting has the inside track of a pink slip. Any up-and-comer can go to UNC and try to build the program. Chucky is Rasputin. If he stays past January of '07, we'll be shocked.

Draft saved Draft deleted