1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Arkansas will beat Mizzou, so there’s their win. Mizzou is terrible.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Their baseball team finished 4th in the division.
    Their basketball team finished below .500
    Their football team finished at 8-5 capped off with a 38-33 to Okie Lite in the Who gives a fuck Bowl.

Sucks to suck Mizzou.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Missouri is much better than Arkansas.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mizzou will wind up with 7 or 8 victories this season. Or the Tiggers will fall back to 4 or 5. The SEC East is a mess this season, and Florida is ranked way above where it will finish.

Donny in his element and maumann like this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Mizzou is much better than Arkansas. MU racked up 200 more yards than Wyoming but lost the turnovers 3-0. There's the difference.

I feel the same on Colorado-Nebraska. I think Nebraska spent the off-season focusing on Colorado and ignored the opener. On top of this, Colorado State outgained the Buffs but Colorado had 0 turnovers while CSU had 4. Huge impact.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Also adding Miami at North Carolina to this list. Can the Mack Brown reboot start out 2-0>

7. HappyCurmudgeon

Also Tennessee-BYU.

I really don't trust teams that hold players-only meetings after Week 1. And BYU played Utah tough until they wore down in the 4th quarter. Don't think Tennessee is as physical as Utah.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One thing about Tennessee: When highly-rated recruits - UT is full of them - lose to a team they don't respect, and you read all the media and Twitter all week shitting all over you, the millennial/Gen Z response tends to be to feel bad, kick rocks and go into a shell.

I just wonder if BYU is good enough to jump Tennessee early. BYU's offense was a sack of crap last year.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He might. He's on a former DC revenge tour.

On another note: How many more years does Will Muschamp get as HC? He's 22-19 in Columbia. Draws A&M and Bama from the West. That's a shit sandwich right there.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jeff Scott - son of former SC head coach Brad Scott and current co-OC at Clemson - makes too much sense. Of course, maybe that his dad was canned after five years 23-32 mark - might make it tougher.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

And some more trying to jump off the ship. WR Murphy, DB Bailey bolt from Tennessee

A guy wearing the colors has the nerve to make fun of his teammates for an embarrassing loss.

I doubt Jeremy Pruitt will survive in Tennessee. He probably doesn't deserve it, but at this stage I'd hold a team meeting and say "if I didn't recruit you...get the fuck out." and play with 50 guys if necessary. There's no way I'm going to crash and burn because of some kids that were here before I got here and don't care.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He’d be kicking his starting QB off the team if he did that.

Some of this shit traces back to coaches getting cute against dirt clod foes, dicking around with not showing too much on film, preaseason media secrecy, blah, blah. First rule I’d have for any major P5 coach is hey, pal, don’t fuck with your team’s psyche and our gate by losing to dirt clods. If the small fast team from the Sun Belt who likes to run under blocks wants to pack the box, then throw the ball and win. Don’t run to prove a point.

Draft saved Draft deleted