1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Sep 3, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loving this Cal-Udub game. Roll On You Bears. Cal's fourth win at UW in about 30 years. Big win for the bears.

And Chris Peterson. Over rated. clap clap clap-clap-clap.....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    maumann likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One of those tweets you never think you'll see:

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Which two games to parlay could be the problem.

Batman likes this.
  4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to root for 1-11. Pruitt needs to beat someone else besides Chattanooga before the end of October or I think he will be fired. I don't think Tennessee will.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the f-bomb by Minister of Culture McConaughey even more.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jimbo left absolute undisciplined garbage behind him. Go back and read the article I posted the link to earlier in the thread. He damn near killed the program.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I gave up when the third quarter ended at 12:30 a.m.
    I would have stuck it out until the end, but I am finally trying to adjust away from my Night Stalker schedule and force myself to get up at 7 a.m. every day -- instead of 9 or 9:30.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Very true. I felt pretty good about both of those games. Thought they might flirt with the number, but never thought they'd get obliterated like they did.
    I'm 6-5 on my picks so far this season, including a couple of big underdogs, which isn't awful. Unfortunately, because of my affinity for the parlay devil, I've only gotten paid on one of those six wins.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The current dream of UAB fans is for Tennessee to beat Alabama and then lose to UAB. The latter is possible, but the former would require an act of God.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I am impressed and awed by this. Cal State Figtrees doesn't usually even cause a blip on the national radar, let alone incur someone's wrath. My official transcript doesn't even show CSUF, just "California State University." Apparently nobody goes from there to a real university, which makes the school even more of a punchline.

That's a true testament to the variety of people who frequent this place. One's valiant heroes are mere villains to someone else.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup ... was trying to figure out how much of this was on Willie Taggart not preparing them well (and when you're out-conditioned by Boise State in Tallahassee, this cannot be entirely dismissed) and how much of this was Jimbo leaving the cupboard shockingly barren.

The guess here: More "B" than "A." Thing is, if what talent is there is that marginal, it's entirely possible that Boise State has more talent right now. If that's the case, Taggart needs a hall pass for at least another season or two. But look at the way that fan base turned on Bobby Bowden and tell me that Taggart is going to get that chance to turn the corner.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted