1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Sep 3, 2019.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And BYU wins it in the second OT. LOL

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

At least one OT game ended correctly!

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Big orange Pitt

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rooting for 1-11 now (they will beat Chattanooga . . . won't they?) just so there will be no choice but to blow the whole thing up.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tennessee is 0-2 for the first time since 1988.
    They'd lost three games at home in that span to a team outside of a Power 5 conference -- two to Notre Dame, and one to Wyoming in 2008. Now it's happened twice in two weeks.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rocky Long is a pretty damn good coach.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Last week my evening three-team parlay went 2-for-3, with Georgia Southern blowing it up by getting beat 55-3.
    This week my evening three-team parlay went 2-for-3, with Nevada blowing it up by getting crushed 77-6.
    Maybe I need to stick to two-team parlays.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

LSU and Texas played a really fun game to watch.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

BTW, Alabama is now 2-14-1 since 2011 when favored by 39 or more at home against non-Power 5 teams. They play Southern Miss in two weeks and might not hit that number (that feels like a mid-30s game), and Western Carolina in November. Mark your calendars.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That he is. The Aztecs have done well under him, and he had a pretty good run at New Mexico before that.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Some douchebag at a SD paper said he should be fired several years ago. Then SDSU won its final nine or 10 games.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A few of Ye Olde Chefs Observations from today:
    If David Shaw looked like he gave any less of a shit....nope......he can't.
    Did you see the little kid towards the end of the LSU-Texas game bawling his eyes out and yelling "I can't fucking believe it!" over and over?
    Kansas lost at home to Coastal Carolina. Not North. Not South. Not even East. Coastal.
    Army should have beat Oklahoma and Michigan on the road the last 2 years.
    Week 1- Nevada 34 Purdue 31
    Week 2- Oregon 77 Nevada 6
    Week 2- Purdue 42 Vandy 24
    It should be a national law that Nebraska and Colorado play each other the Friday after Thanksgiving. Not week 2.
    Mel Tucker looks like he could be Jay-Z's father.
    I had to laugh when I saw the ABC Primetime game next week is Clemson @ Cuse....the same Cuse that got prison-fucked in Maryland today.
    The USC offensive coordinator is Graham Harrell. Who took over for Kliff Kingsbury. Who both played for Mike Leach. Who coaches in the same conference. Coincidence? Who knows. I'm drunk and watching Molly McGrath interview Clay Helton on mute.
    Mmmmmmmmm......Molly McGrath.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted