1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 2, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Teams are usually pretty happy to hit Reno or Vegas so their boosters enjoy the trip. I remember Mizzou played at Reno when Kaepernick was there. Wisconsin goes to UNLV regularly.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Whatever the over is, take it. Probably end up 58-52.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Mizzou is at Toledo tomorrow.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The Cougs had better hope Halliday doesn't get hurt this year. I believe both the second- and third-string QBs have left. So if Halliday goes down -- as he almost did at one point in the Rutgers game -- things will be ugly.
    Also, the WAZZU D was pitiful last week. The one time they did make a big stop, there was a punt. For some reason, the Coug receiving the punt at midfield didn't think he needed to fair catch it. Predictably, the ball got knocked out and Rutgers recovered, then scored the winning TD.

5. Songbird

Pitt QB is good. Might be a sleeper team.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Certainly has two very good weapons to work with. James Connor is a beast and Boyd is a gifted playmaker.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or not. 14-10 Nevada after 3.

This is why I don't gamble.

8. Songbird

I didn't get the bet in but would have lost it. And such is Wazzu. Forever Wazzu.

Didn't know Bill Polian's son Brian is Nevada's coach. They were 4-8 last year and missed a bowl for the first time in many years. Chris Ault's Pistol stopped walking through that door. But they still have Cody Fajardo at QB, and he's coming up on 10,000 yards. Poor Wazzu.

The Pitt-BC over was 50. Final: 30-20. Funny how it ended.

BC scores TD with a minute to go, 30-20, but misses the 2-pointer. Gets the onside kick and completes a pass to the 15 or 20 with maybe 25-30 seconds left. Which at that point, I think, you kick a FG to make it the 1-score game and hope like hell to get the onside kick again and get a few chances at the end zone. Which is besides the point. Bettors far and wide were probably thinking the same thing -- field goal position! They're going over!

Except BC was flagged for a hold, and Pitt was flagged for a personal foul -- play nullified. Then Pitt sacks BC QB and that all but does it.

Nothing worse than a push. You spend the entire game sweating your balls off ... for nothing.

(I didn't bet that game either. Certain teams you learn not to trust after a while.)

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's starting to look like Pitt finally found a good fit as a coach.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Goodness.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Tyler Boyd is the best receiver much of the country doesn't know. He's big-time.

There's no reason Pitt shouldn't be 6-0 going into Oct. 16 Thursday nighter at home against VaTech. FIU-Iowa-Akron-Virginia.

Draft saved Draft deleted