1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 2: There's so much we can do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

LOL @ West Virginia

Losing to Sparty at halftime.

Norfolk State Sparty.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And NSU is outgaining them 242-143. If they don't commit 80 yards in penalties and convert a couple of third downs in West Virginia territory, this could be a two-touchdown Spartans lead.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, this is HUMILIATING for WVU. NSU will be lucky to finish in the top half of the MEAC this year. No excuse for this.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

WVU apparently has already taken its football team to the SEC and left its intramural team to play this group of scrubs. ::)

5. Mystery Meat II

This arguably would be the greatest college football upset of all time, or at least be in the discussion. Appalachian State and James Madison are national FCS title contenders and borderline FBS-quality teams. Norfolk State isn't even the best football team in Norfolk.

Speaking of, ODU is up 40-17 at Georgia State, and I know they must have gotten a good deal with the Georgia Dome, but ... Jesus Christ, it looks like there's 600 people in attendance. There is nothing you can do to make an FCS crowd look good in that place. Maybe a classic between two black schools, but not a CAA game.

6. Mystery Meat II

So much for the upset: Two quick West Virginia touchdowns and the Mountaineers are up 24-12.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Figured WVU would lay the wood after halftime. NSU with 15 penalties for 132 yards already. Yeesh.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Holy Cross 37, Colgate 0 -- Now that score surprises me. I thought Colgate was better than that.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And this Iowa St. QB is a pleasure to watch.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

State fans were calling Rivals Radio this week talking about "after we beat Auburn this weekend what will next weekend's game be like?"

Caller after caller were looking past the defending national champion on the road.

Ha.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Lord, how I HATE Ohio State.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Uh Bama, we're starting here.

Draft saved Draft deleted