1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 2: Lane Kiffin and New Jersey, Match Made in Fiery Hell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

It's one of my big pet peeves when I hear sportscasters cite these betting lines like they're real and something that people can easily access.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like going to Tijuana to find cheap drugs or illegal fireworks. Or, to be more analogous to what FSU-Savannah State is going to look like, to take in a donkey show.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8347913/savannah-state-tigers-getting-70-1-2-points-vs-florida-state-seminoles

4. turski7

turski7 Member

No. I don't think FSU wants the shitstorm Okie St. got. and will take it easy starting in the second quarter. Then again, Savannah St.may not be able to tackle anyone or gain five yards. Games like this are why I don't bet.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

They'll beat an FBS team again, but not for a few years. Their 2013 FBS game is Georgia, and their 2014 game is ... Michigan. On the other hand, maybe they'll get an invite to the Sun Belt where they'll get a few wins a year. Even if it takes them a while to adjust to FBS ball, they'd always have Georgia State.

Georgia State. Holy schamoly. Did these guys really think this whole starting a program and moving it up thing through? They shouldn't go to the Sun Belt, they should go to the Peach Belt.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Maybe they don't win at Michigan or against a ranked team but there's definitely some BCS teams they can beat. Look at Youngstown at Pitt. And as bad as Pitt is they will probably win 2 conference games. the top 5 subdivision teams probably beat the bottom 10-15 bcs teams if not a few more.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Appalachian State would be favored against Maryland.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And better dressed.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

CMU isn't very good this year. They likely won't win more than 2-3 games and Dan Enos will be fired.

Interesting story about how the game came to be played at Mt. Pleasant.

MSU is playing one game at each of the three Michigan MAC schools in the 12-game series.

Each of the MAC schools get to keep the entire gate for their home game. In return, MSU doesn't have to pay them once when they come to Spartan Stadium.

CMU and WMU will be guaranteed $500,000 for their other games at MSU. EMU will get $650,000 since they don't host MSU until 2020.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120907/SPORTS07/309070074/michigan-state-spartans-central-michigan-chippewas?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yeah, you know, that Motherfucking Longhorn Network really does fucking suck.

Last year in Austin, there were two places showing the game. This year, a new provider was added. Now there are like five whole places in Austin where you can watch the games.

As much as I'm a fan, what they have done really pisses me off.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Utah has played like ass and now Jordan Wynn coming off hurt. And yet I fully expect the Utes to rally, since Utah State has tempted karma with a missed PAT and FG.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Lou Holtz: The esth eee theec ish all about shpeed and physssical play and the esth eee theec hasth won the lassthth thssix nathenal championshthipths.

Draft saved Draft deleted