1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 2: Lane Kiffin and New Jersey, Match Made in Fiery Hell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Sep 5, 2012.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I bet Mizzou wins an emotional SEC opener (they'll be fired up in Columbia) but still finishes under .500 in conference play

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How abysmal is Cincinnati supposed to be that the Bearcats are only -4 against mighty Pitt?

3. joe

joe Active Member

If — IF — the Tiggers beat the Dawgs, Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee, A&M and possibly Florida are in the possible win column. I expect Mizzou to get dumptrucked by Alabama and lose by two TDs at South Carolina. The rest, however, are winnable.

And the crowd is gonna be nuts for EVERY SEC game this season. They're all sold out, which hasn't happened for conference games in, literally, forever at Mizzou.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Gee, how ever will SEC teams adjust to that kind of atmosphere? ;D

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was figuring Missouri for 9-3 this year. No way the Tigers will beat Alabama, and I pick Missouri to go 3-2 in the games with Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida and A&M. Or Missouri will go 4-1 against those teams and lose at Central Florida.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

LSU left tackle Chris Faulk won't play against Washington: http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/09/lsu_lt_chris_faulk_injured_in.html

Faulk might be LSU's best offensive player, though I can't imagine it will make much of a difference.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Yeah, what's 75,000 compared to 110,000 or whatever it is at Tennessee? Or Alabama? Or about 75 percent of the SEC stadiums (stadia?). But, shit, it's a whole new world for Mizzou fans, so you can expect them to be all geeked up for every SEC game. And leaving at halftime if the Tiggers are down three touchdowns. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

But this Missouri football expert dooley_womack1 says they're going to go 9-3. So no worries.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Mizzou fans would give their least best friend's left nut for 9-3. I think 8-4 is a more reasonable expectation. If they somehow go 10-2, the Columns might fall.

10. dooley_womack1

Hmmm, now what's that preferences thing?

Anyhoo, I'm shocked Hoops McCann hasn't shown up to dis me about the upcoming matchup

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'll be sure to make up for him during Alabama week.

12. dooley_womack1

Oh, it'll be so on. It may match my rivalry with Creosote in the Sheep game.

Draft saved Draft deleted