1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 15 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As we limp to the finish ... should be the start of bowl season right now but here we are. Rankings again come from the college football playoff.

FRIDAY
    Charlotte at 21 Marshall (-20.5), 630, CBSSN

SATURDAY
    1 Alabama (NL) at Arkansas, noon, ESPN
    Michigan at 4 Ohio State (-30), noon, FOX
    8 Georgia (NL) at Missouri, noon, SECN
    11 Oklahoma (-12.5) at West Virginia, noon, ABC
    Illinois at 14 Northwestern (-13.5), noon, ESPN2
    18 Coastal Carolina (-13.5) at Troy, 3, ESPN+
    17 North Carolina at 10 Miami (-3.5), 330, ABC
    Purdue at 12 Indiana (-11), 330, BTN
    16 Wisconsin at 19 Iowa (-1.5), 330
    7 Cincinnati (-12.5) at 24 Tulsa, 4, ESPN2
    22 Washington at 23 Oregon (-4.5), 4, FOX
    LSU at 6 Florida (-24), 7, ESPN
    15 Oklahoma State (-4.5) at Baylor, 7, ESPNU
    20 USC (-4) at UCLA, 730, ABC
    Ole Miss at 5 Texas A&M (-15.5), 8, CBS
    San Diego State at 13 BYU (-15), 10, ESPN2

THOUGHTS: So I guess Cincy and Tulsa are playing for the right of who will host the AAC title game? ... And it appears Oklahoma clinches a Big 12 title game bid if it beats WVU. ... Georgia-Missouri may end up being a really interesting game. ... The Commonwealth Cup has been outsourced to the ACC Network and I don't think I have the energy or will to try to illegally stream it. Go UVa, finish the job.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hulu Live carries the ACC Network. Last I knew they did a free trial week if you really want to see the game.

Cosmo likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't believe Xfinity/Comcast will ever come to terms with the ACC Network. It's an annoyance more than anything, and I'm not willing to blow up my entire setup to switch to Fios over it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mountain West update: San Jose State and Boise State can advance to the title game with wins. Nevada needs a win over SJSU and a Boise win on Saturday. Assuming no covid cancellations, of course.

San Jose "hosts" Nevada Friday night in Las Vegas (Sam Boyd Stadium, not the Big Roomba) and Boise is at Wyoming.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm going to take Troy and the points at home.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Why in the world is Ole Miss/ATM primetime CBS?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Vegasinsider has Alabama listed as a 31-point favorite over Arkansas. I think I like the Razorbacks at that number. It seems like one of those early non-conference games where Alabama is only looking for a reasonably comfortable win, and will take the opportunity to get a big lead, play some backups, and coast home while Arkansas steals a couple of second-half touchdowns to cover.

Ole Miss +15.5 at Texas A&M is juicy. Ole Miss can score some points and keep that game close. They've had a couple of two-touchdown losses, but they've only been blown out in one game if that makes any sense.

I'm not sure they can post a number that's too big for Ohio State-Michigan. If they can, 30 isn't it. Still, like with LSU-Alabama last week, that might be a better first-half bet around -17 just to steer clear of any late-game insanity.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be the 2:30 CBS game when it was originally scheduled, so maybe CBS had to carry it after picking it? Or they had an extra game they could air because of that and figured what the hell?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just seems bizarre......
    They have Army-Navy at 3:30, so you're figuring they have a good basketball game on at noon......nope.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I still think it's amazing that their channel, the rationale for the latest round of cultural evisceration of the league, can't or won't make a deal with such a large provider.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So who do you want to see in charge of the Hokies?

Draft saved Draft deleted