1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 15 (Championship Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You would get burnt sooner of later with running cover zero blitz for entire game. You're leaving middle wide open

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It's not just that, getting too far up the field can be dangerous. You don't need to play far in in the backfield against the option, just control the line.
    I haven't been paying too much attention to this game, but it looks like the problem is FSU's OLBs. They're not playing the QB well.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Those safeties are so fucking far back. Why?

4. Boom_70

Ideally you need to your inside down linemen to dominate and control A gaps. That frees of LB's
    FSU is not getting good DT play

5. amraeder

Not sure. Haven't been watching the safeties (thought I did notice them bring him in to the box earlier this drive to force a pitch). But the LBs aren't playing well.

6. amraeder

Line was definitely bad on that last run (one that made it first-and-goal). Made it really easy for the OL to get up to the second level.

7. amraeder

And couldn't keep the OL off the MLB on that TD run. MLB was in good position but got hammered by an OL (the OG?)

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those young men are gassed -- in their first time on the field after halftime. Florida State had better score a touchdown every time it touches the ball because by the fourth quarter Tech should be gaining 12 yards a play.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I agree. A resounding Ohio State win makes them really, really hard to leave out.

10. amraeder

So, on that 3rd down stop in Waco, KSU pulled C right so I assumed it was supposed to be QB power right. OLB on the offense's right side moves in to the middle, leaving the right side of the field WIDE open. For some reason, QB doesn't run power right, but lurches awkwardly up the middle. Not sure what the mess-up was there (seems like bad read by QB) but that was weird.

11. Boom_70

Last year FSU had Tim Jerrigan dominating the middle

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jameis is on fire and you call that shitty run on 3rd.

Draft saved Draft deleted