1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 15 (Championship Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Extra guy could've bumped him hard in first 5 yards to throw off the timing.

2. Songbird

Think CBS during Bama game said they found Big 12 tiebreaker that says if there's a tie for the title the head to head winner goes. Does the committee take that into account?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But then where are the 8-9 blitzers coming from if you are committing 2 players to jam the wings?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know how they would. League championships aren't a prerequisite anyway.

5. Boom_70

"If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative."

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1546006

6. Songbird

9 blitzers just blow up everything in those 5 yards. You have to trust that you're FSU and have the better athletes to do that all game ling, or for a majority of first and second down.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If I'm on the playoff pickin' committee, I'm really, really rooting for Georgia Tech to find some defense in the second half.

It will look really bad to leave Ohio State out, as well as the Buckeyes have played the past 11 games. They haven't missed a beat against a formerly stout Badgers team.

8. LongTimeListener

That's only for a non-playoff bowl game.

The following procedure will determine the Big 12 Conference representative to the Sugar Bowl (or alternate College Football Playoff game when the Sugar Bowl is a semifinal) in the event of a first-place or alternate place tie (for the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process):

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thank you Wisconsin for making tonight easier on my remote control.

10. Boom_70

At this point The Buckeyes are the best team in the country

11. LongTimeListener

I'd be very nervous if I'm TCU -- the Big 12 has had plenty of reminders of its place in the pecking order in the last few years.

12. Songbird

Does d-line have to line up in 3- or 4-point stance?

Draft saved Draft deleted