1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 15 (Championship Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What about the Big 10's worst, Indiana, beating the SEC East's best, Missouri, and on Mizzou's home turf... Or another Big 10 bottom feeder, Northwestern, winning on Notre Dame's home turf... Ya forget about those?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

At least TCU scheduled Minnesota.

My sympathies for Baylor here pretty much died when I saw their non-con schedule. If you want the benefit of the doubt in these debates then you need to schedule at least one legit major conference level opponent. NW State, SMU and Buffalo ain't cutting it.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Great 'Bama gets to play a 3rd string QB to get to Championship Gm; great

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I blame Condi Rice. SHe's terrible when it comes to evaluating offense and defense. Remember when she kept ranking Iraq #3 behind, China and Russia. Turned out Iraq was a fraud and couldnt beat Kurd State on a neutral site.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cincinnati isn't a bad win for Ohio State. Probably pretty similar to Minnesota, which I think is the Big 12's most noteworthy one, right?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Does it really matter? SEC vs. Ohio State when it means something is like Nazis vs. Poland.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Then you really have to blame George Bush for making Condi who she is

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Or the Japanese vs. U.S. in 1941 since it's, you know, Pearl Harbor Day.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My problem with the bashing of Baylor's nonconference schedule: The committee never went out of its way to embarrass Mississippi State for playing Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and Tennessee-Martin. And the Bulldogs were still ranked No. 4 going into the Egg Bowl after Thanksgiving.

For as much grief as Long and the committee has thrown at Baylor, it seems like if they wanted to be fair, they would've heaped some of that toward Mississippi State -- and penalized them in the standings, just the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted