1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 25, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why?

I see the over being the big play, but an FSU-Over parlay might be a winner, too.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Sonner, I saw a good line about the beatdown coming up Saturday: "UVA would have a better shot at winning if it was just the Wealth Cup."

3. JackReacher

Ha. There's a chance I'll be in the stadium Saturday. Your boys have a shot only if Duke wins earlier in the afternoon and VT comes out even flatter than usual.

4. Big Circus

I'll be there, too. And you're much too generous about the Wahoos' chances. They've been playing out the string since October. The most interesting aspect for me will be seeing how Greyson Lambert looks against a first-string defense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

Maybe so. But it's hard -- really, really hard -- to be optimistic about this VT team. They suck. And they love to play down to their competition.

I mean, I definitely expect VT to win, but I don't expect it to be easy.

6. JackReacher

U.Va. offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild with the most U.Va. quote ever: “UVa should not lose to Virginia Tech. I’ve been on both campuses, and I’m new to the area and I’m just giving you kind of an unbiased feel here.”

7. Big Circus

This quote marks the very first time I have felt any affection toward Steve Fairchild. Probably the last, too.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A buddy and I were planning to go to Buffalo to drink too much beer, eat too many wings and take in the Buffalo - Bowling Green game at Rich Stadium on Friday. We decided to pass given the crazy weather supposedly headed to that part of the world. That won't stop the hordes of Canuckistanis from waiting in line at the border for hours to shop on Black Friday.

9. JackReacher

Honestly, I couldn't have told you who UVA's OC was until this morning. But hey, at least there will be some people in the stadium this weekend. That'll be a nice change of pace. :)

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I should have noticed this before now, but Auburn has one senior --- fullback Jay Prosch --- who has seen significant time on offense this season. That makes what that team has accomplished this season even more amazing.

12. JackReacher

Probably not worth a thread of its own, so I'll mention it here. Five-star DB Jabrill Peppers, sensing that Brady Hoke might be gone at Michigan sometime soon, said yesterday that he'll take some more official visits after the season despite giving a verbal committment to Michigan.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/11/top_michigan_commit_jabrill_pe.html

Anyway, what caught my eye was this passage about Hoke and a policy of his regarding recruits....

"Hoke has held a policy since he's been at Michigan that discourages committed prospects from visiting other schools after offering a pledge to Michigan. Generally, if a prospect takes other visits, the Wolverines no longer consider them commits.

This has not been a hard and fast rule, though, as current freshman offensive lineman David Dawson committed to Michigan, took other visits and then re-affirmed his commitment before signing day last winter."

Has anyone else heard of any other coaches doing this? What's the point? What's Hoke going to do, turn Peppers away if he decides down the road to honor his verbal and attend Michigan? Seems like a pretty pointless "policy."

Draft saved Draft deleted