1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 25, 2013.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Steak you do a great job starting these threads

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just by happenstance, today is Artie Cosby's 50th birthday. He's the poor bastard who kicked the ball.

Rick Cleveland (now executive director of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame) marked the occasion:

http://msfame.com/news-updates/happy-50th-artie-cosby-you-deserved-better/

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wyoming and Utah State have announced that, starting this weekend, their annual meeting will be called Bridger's Battle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/utah-state-vs-wyoming-now-deemed-bridger-battle-214943214--ncaaf.html

The trophy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's a good read, Steak. If he'd hit a 70-yarder, though, I doubt it'd be remembered like the one he missed is. That thing looked like it got caught in an updraft.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I suppose that's appropriate for those schools. All sorts of oddball trophies out there in college football land, including an axe, a pig and an old oaken bucket.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Army and Navy do play each other every year. They've been shifted back so they retain their place as the last regular-season game in D-IA football.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Assuming......

Auburn beats Alabama
    Ohio State beats Michigan

Does Auburn jump Ohio State?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Depends on the decisiveness of both. Unless Auburn blows Alabama off the field, I'd lean toward no.

And remember there are still the conference title games to consider before the BCS matchup is set. If Missouri loses and Auburn faces South Carolina in Atlanta, an Ohio State win over Michigan State would carry just as much weight.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yeah. If Auburn beats Alabama and gets to the SEC Championship Game, they would most definitely want to play Missouri over South Carolina.

But, Mizzou being Mizzou....a loss is definitely in the cards.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Lots of folks are putting this one in the bag for Bama, but I just don't see them winning by 10 on the road.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Assuming Dak Prescott plays (and everyone knows he's going to, no matter what Mullen says), how do they handicap this one? I'm figuring State is maybe a slight (3-4 point) favorite.

I think Ole Miss is the better team, but Pups are playing at home and as noted above, some mighty strange things have been known to happen in this series.

12. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

At least Mississippi State fans don't have to worry about Dan Mullen leaving them.

Draft saved Draft deleted