1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread -- Championship edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd sacrifice a finger for Cincy to take down the Almighty Tahd in the semis.

The old "Well, they really weren't motivated playing in a shit bowl" excuse wouldn't wash, either.

You can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Cincy may be leaving the American, but Tulane will still pocket a CFP check, so there's that.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Rules interpretation came out today from the College Football Officiating regarding the fake slide by not only a quarterback but any runner:

It reads in part: Any time a ball carrier begins, simulates, or fakes a feet-first slide, the ball should be declared dead by the on field officials at that point. The intent of the rule is player safety, and the objective is to give a ball carrier an option to end the play by sliding feet first and to avoid contact. To allow the ball carrier to fake a slide would compromise the defense that is being instructed to let up when the ball carrier slides feet first. A fake slide will not be considered reviewable.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ohh hooray. Now maybe we can focus on Wake coach throwing a forearm shiver into a running back who has been out injured and also Wake giving up 31 unanswered after going up 21-14.

Funny they can’t move this quickly to expand the playoff but god forbid a player fake slide.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What if they have out the Heisman and no one cared?

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That’s me every year.

FileNotFound and heyabbott like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted