1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread -- Championship edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Were you expecting New Mexico State or Memphis to have a chance at an invitation? I'm not really sure what you're complaining about here.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All the sincerity of an Amway party.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Herbstreit touts the glass ceiling shattering for Cincinnati, and saying "no one thought they had a chance" might be one of the funniest lines uttered today.
    They're 13-0, have a double-digit road win over the No. 5 team in the rankings, only won two games by less than 10 points, and they're ranked No. 4.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Substitute the word "me" for "no one" in that sentence and Herbie makes sense.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Now we have to wait a couple of hours for the NY6, and I think you’re on your own if your school is in a lesser bowl

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Rose is simple: Ohio State vs. Utah

Baylor and probably Ole Miss in the Sugar

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You’re not? I thought it was pretty clear. If the matchups are guaranteed to try and engineer a Bama-Georgia title game, that sucks.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nobody thought they had a chance when they were 6th in the first rankings. Or so the uproar suggested. It ultimately worked out as time passed.
    I will always believe this was a two-year journey for them: The near perfection of 2020 probably put them in a higher debut spot in 2021 than they’d have enjoyed if they had been 7-3 or whatever last year.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Can they make the pathway for the SEC any easier? Ridiculous that Bama avoids Georgia and gets Cinn

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If you are assuming auto bids for P5, where is Utah?

Once it got its QB situation figured out, it went 8-1. And it played a real OOC schedule, with games at SDSU, the Mt. West finalist, and at BYU, and we all know from the SEC how tough those rivalry games are.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The first rule of the CFP Club is, protect the SEC.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Georgia shuts out Michigan.

I want to say Cincy over Alabama.

Draft saved Draft deleted