1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread -- Championship edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 29, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My understanding is that it is legal, though you can certainly claim that it is a bad rule. Fir what it’s worth, Pickett said that it wasn’t an intentional fake after the game. He said he changed his mind. Not sure it matters, though.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think it was 21-14 Wake Forest before the end of the first quarter.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A problem inherent in a four-team field. Not as likely to be obvious in an eight- or 12-team deal.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Legal, yes, but frowned upon. Like a quarterback heading for the sideline and giving himself up, only to turn upfield. Saw that on film before a game I did earlier this year and it was addressed among us and by the referee/umpire with the coach in the pregame meeting.

The slide is there to protect the quarterback. I'm sure it will be addressed in the offseason that something like that happens, it's an unsportsmanlike foul from the spot. (I don't know for sure, just speculating.)

5. tapintoamerica

Damn. I’m not so sure anymore.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There are only four spots and the teams that will fill them are pretty obvious at this point. There aren't too many combinations of matchups among them. It's not rocket science to figure it out.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No shit? Tell me more …

8. MileHigh

All that needs to be determined is where the games will be played, Texas or Florida.

9. tapintoamerica

The committee people put in a lot of work for what is almost always a self-evident bracket.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The CFP selection show is the worst television of the year.

11. MileHigh

Alabama-Cincinnati
    Michigan-Georgia

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Bama in Cotton
    Georgia in Orange

Draft saved Draft deleted