1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread -- Championship edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 29, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

U96.5 sounds like one of those radio stations that promo themselves as “We play what we want” but don’t actually play a huge variety of music.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in the FCS playoffs tonight this happened.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

4. Machine Head

For me it was U100, a legend in MSP radio.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Kennesaw State blew a 14-point lead in less than a minute at ETSU. TD, PAT, onside kick recovery, TD, game-winning 2-point conversion.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It seems to be perfectly acceptable in March Madness. How many times have I seen two of the better G5 teams seeded so that they meet in round two and one of them is eliminated? It usually happens to several pairs of such teams in order to pare down the number of advancing teams who are not members of the Privileged 5.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's the old Steelers play. I think they ran that once (want to say it was against the Titans, but can't find it online) back in the Kordell Stewart days. Haven't seen it tried in a long time.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just saw this play from the Pitt-Wake Forest game. Smart or dirty bullshit? I'm calling dirty bullshit. If the Wake defenders tattoo him, they get a deserved flag.
    It's one of those things that's not a penalty, but I wouldn't mind a rule making it one.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dude, that’s a great play. I’ve wondered why no one had tried it before (that I know of) because it seemed logical to me.

10. Machine Head

And now a lawsuit has been filed.

This is the hill to plant your flag on and make a stand?

Yes!

True love:

"Minor plaintiff attempted to high five the monkey," the lawsuit states, "but the animal aggressively bit his hand and caused injuries. Thomas refused to provide vaccination records for her monkey and later falsely stated on social media that minor plaintiff did not have permission to be on the property and then said that her friend on the Bobby Bones Show gave a false version of the events."

Texas' Jeff Banks, 'Pole Assassin' girlfriend sued over monkey biting Halloween trick-or-treater

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I posted it earlier. Oddly enough, the official who was part of the broadcast said he wished the crew officiating the game had stopped the play where he faked the slide. I don't know if the officials even have that discretion.

It's not dirty if it complies with the rules, but I get the complaints.

Batman likes this.
  12. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

I’m eager to see anyone’s list of 12 teams who have a legitimate claim of being the best team in the country.

Of course, this is beside the point. It’s about a way to make more money.

Draft saved Draft deleted