1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 14 (Rivalry Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 24, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's the same conversion play they ran to close the half in the B12 championship in 2007 when they were ranked #1. Tied Oklahoma 14-14. (We don't need to talk about the second half.)

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes. Been saying that for awhile.

3. LongTimeListener

Hey, Bielema, thanks for taking that TO and giving the officials time to reconsider that ruling that your runner was down before the fumble!

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You'd have thought Les Miles was coaching ...

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

It's almost like they didn't even lose to Indiana!!!!!

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You beat an unranked team by seven at home and the fans storm the field?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or 34-0 at home to Georgia.

Missouri got f-in' lucky this year that Georgia choked against Florida and South Carolina, and that they didn't have to play Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State or Ole Miss. The Tigers' BEST WIN was against a Florida team that fired its coach.

I expect whomever faces Mizzou in the SEC title game will run the Tigers right out of the Georgia Dome the way Auburn did last year.

8. LongTimeListener

Probably, yeah. But I do think Mizzou's D-line is better this year and specifically better against the run. I think Alabama would blow them off the ball but they might have a chance against Mississippi State.

"run the Tigers right out of the Georgia Dome the way Auburn did last year," I'm not sure how you mean that -- if you're talking literally about the 600 rushing yards, OK; but that game was 28-27 at the half and 45-42 after three quarters. It was a pretty competitive game.

Man, the SEC folk do not like being shown that another team might be able to compete!

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

But I thought Missouri couldn't play big boy foobaw?

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Well....they DID just beat the best bad team in football.....

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Repeat: Mizzou's best win is over a team that just fired its coach.

Its second best win is over a team that just fired its defensive coordinator.

Mizzou's front 7 is legitimately good, but its offense is probably the 10th-best in the SEC. Their QB is a turnover waiting to happen.

Mizzou was legitimately good last year. But their record this year is a mirage.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Number of teams coached to conference titles by BYM2: 0.
    Number of teams coached to conference titles by Todd Graham: 0.

Speed Speed Speed

Draft saved Draft deleted